Caves of Qud is a science fantasy roguelike epic steeped in retrofuturism, deep simulation, and swathes of sentient plants. Come inhabit an exotic world and chisel through layers of thousand-year-old civilizations.
What can you do?
Anything and everything. Caves of Qud is a deeply simulated, biologically diverse, richly cultured world.
- Assemble your character from over 70 mutations and defects and 24 castes and kits—outfit yourself with wings, two heads, quills, four arms, flaming hands, or the power to clone yourself—it's all the character diversity you could want.
- Explore procedurally-generated regions with some familiar locations—each world is nearly 1 million maps large.
- Dig through everything—don't like the wall blocking your way? Dig through it with a pickaxe, or eat through it with your corrosive gas mutation, or melt it to lava. Yes, every wall has a melting point.
- Hack the limbs off monsters—every monster and NPC is as fully simulated as the player. That means they have levels, skills, equipment, faction allegiances, and body parts. So if you have a mutation that lets you, say, psionically dominate a spider, you can traipse through the world as a spider, laying webs and eating things.
- Pursue allegiances with over 60 factions—apes, crabs, robots, and highly entropic beings—just to name a few.
- Follow the plot to Barathrum the Old, a sentient cave bear who leads a sect of tinkers intent on restoring technological splendor to Qud.
- Learn the lore—there's a story in every nook, from legendary items with storied pasts to in-game history books written by plant historians.
- Die—Caves of Qud is brutally difficult and deaths are permanent. Don't worry, though—you can always roll a new character.
Developer: Freehold Games
Publisher: Freehold Games
Genre: Roguelike, RPG, Adventure, Strategy
Treatment: Not required
Release Date: 2015
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: 1GHz or faster. SSE2 instruction set support
RAM: 4 GB
OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10
Video Card: DX10, DX11, DX12 capable
Free Disk Space: 2 GB
Gameplay Trailer & Screenshots