Developer: Spytihněv Publisher: Spytihněv Genre: Action, Shooter, 1st Persons Language: EN / Multi Treatment: Included Release Date: 2021
HROT is a single-player retro FPS set in a small socialist country neighboring Soviet Union (Czechoslovakia) after an unspecified disaster in 1986. Those times were dark and terrifying and so is the game.
You start in a civil defense shelter deep under a Prague Metro station. As a proud holder of the military readiness badge you know what your duty is: put on a non-functioning gas mask, load the vz. 52 pistol and protect the peace and your socialist homeland from the strange intruders*.
- The classic gameplay and vibe of romeric shooters from 1990s including a fitting brown retro aesthetic.
- You'll find a shotgun, a vz. 13 SMG, a rocket launcher and even some secret experimental Soviet battery-powered weapons (e.g. a ball lightning launcher). If you run out of ammo, you might find the hammer and sickle coming in handy.
- Handcrafted levels inspired by real locations with an emphasis on historical details. Every level contains socialist paraphernalia which nowadays can only be found in museums or your grandma's attic**.
- Flushable toilets and destructible light bulbs.
- A custom engine written in Pascal imitating 1990s software-style rendering with unfiltered textures and polygon jitter.
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: 2.5 GHz Dual Core RAM: 2 GB OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 Video Card: Intel HD 4400 Free Disk Space: 200 MB