Developer: Overseer Games Publisher: Overseer Games Genre: Simulation, Strategy Language: EN / Multi11 Treatment: Not required Release Date: 2021
Patron builds upon the foundations laid out by the staples of the survival city builder genre and enhances the experience with a large research tree and by introducing intricate social dynamics into the game and the genre in general. Happiness, the standard simple feature of all such games, in the case of Patron is a complete gameplay system in its own right.
Patron starts off similarly to other games in the genre, but then veers off exploring social intricacies and what it means to truly run a society and not just a city filled with automatons.
Each individual citizen in the town has his needs, desires and issues troubling him or making him happy. Some citizens are more concerned with immigration, while others are more aggravated by tax-related issues. If the citizen’s view on the subject is in line with what the town government (YOU, the player) is doing, he’ll be happy. Works the other way around as well.
- A survival city builder with a unique social dynamics system
- Gather and produce resources
- Establish sustainable production chains
- Build your fledgling village into a prosperous city as you construct and upgrade buildings
- Manage your people and steer your citizens towards needed professions
- Balance social issues: Class strife, Immigration, Religion, Health, Safety, Loyalty...
- Plan growth through an extensive Research Tree and unlock technology, policies and upgrades
- Plan production and overseas trade to support your economy through difficult times
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 RAM: 8 GB OS: Windows 10 (64 bit) Video Card: GeForce GTX 1050 3 GB or AMD Radeon RX 560 4 GB Free Disk Space: 10 GB