The game that defined the survival-horror genre is back! Check out the remastered HD version of Resident Evil.
In 1998 a special forces team is sent to investigate some bizarre murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City. Upon arriving they are attacked by a pack of blood-thirsty dogs and are forced to take cover in a nearby mansion. But the scent of death hangs heavy in the air. Supplies are scarce as they struggle to stay alive.
- More detailed graphics that retain the horror.
- The environments come alive with detail thanks to resolution upgrades and non-static 3D models.
- Post-processing effects like Bloom filters, which were not easy to do at the time of the original release, have been added to make the HD graphics even more realistic.
- High-Resolution Environments - We've increased the resolution of the background environments by recreating them with a mix of high-res static images, plus animated 3D models.
- Widescreen (16:9) is supported, so players can experience a greater sense of immersion.
- In widescreen mode, the screen will scroll. The parts of the screen that get cut off on the top and bottom will scroll into view automatically depending on the character's position.
- You can switch the display mode during gameplay in real time.
Sound & New Controls
- High-Quality Sound - The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1ch output is also now supported.
- New Controls
- You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.
- You can switch the control scheme during gameplay in real time.
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz, or better RAM: 2 GB OS: Windows 7 SP1 / Windows 8.1 Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260, ATI Radeon HD 6790, or better Free Disk Space: 20 GB
Recommended System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.7 GHz, AMD Phenom II X4 3.0 GHz or better RAM: 4 GB OS: Windows 7 SP1 / Windows 8.1 Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560, ATI Radeon HD 6950, or better Free Disk Space: 20 GB