The game that started the popular survival horror genre returns better than ever! Players control Edward Carnby, the main character from the original Alone in the Dark, on a thrilling journey through a dark and terrifying re-creation of New York's Central Park where Carnby must discover the truth behind a dark conspiracy.
With inspiration from the presentation style of popular action TV dramas, Alone in the Dark will be split into a number of distinct episodes. With approximately 30-40 minutes of gameplay comprising each episode, the structure of Alone in the Dark pulls you into world that delivers a fiercely gripping and terrifying experience. Each time the player launches a saved game, the episode will begin with a video summary of the previous episode to quickly re-immerse the player in the story and removing the need to remember where they were or what they were doing. Every episode will close with a nail-biting cliff-hanger ending to rattle players' nerves, and if the player is leaving the game a video teaser of the next episode will play to leave them wanting more.
Alone in the Dark will provide a complete next-generation, action packed experience within a highly detailed, free roaming environment, featuring a mixture of real-time physics and full environmental interaction. The game will mark a new beginning for the Alone in the Dark series.
- Action oriented gameplay that features intense "edge of your seat" thrills and twists
- Immersive free-roaming, interactive environments intricately based on NYC's Central Park
- Episodic Structure: 30 to 40 minute episodes grip you in a constant, high level of intensity
- Story written by Lorenzo Carcaterra (NY Times Bestselling author of "Sleepers" and "Apaches")
- Wide range weapons to destroy both enemy agents and eventually the source of the evil itself .
- Vehicles not only offer a means of transportation, but become actual game mechanics which are part of puzzles and solutions to in game challenges.
- Eden's new TWILIGHT engine creates a lavishly detailed game world with highly realistic effects such as moisture, reflections and advanced cinematography.
Developer: Eden Games, Hydravision Entertainment Publisher: THQ Nordic Genre: Action, Horror, Shooter Language: RU Treatment: Not required Release Date: 2008
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Intel Pentium D 2.6 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 3800+ RAM: 1 GB OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (32, 64 bit) Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600, ATI Radeon X1650 XT Free Disk Space: 9 GB
Recommended System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz RAM: 2 GB OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (32, 64 bit) Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, ATI Radeon HD3850 Free Disk Space: 9 GB