Frozen Cortex is a simultaneous turn-based strategy game from Mode 7, the creators of Frozen Synapse. Get a free key for a friend with every purchase!
Make a plan for your customised robots on a randomly-generated playfield. Positioning, timing and reading the terrain are all vital if you want to outwit your opponent.
Your moves, and those of your opponent, play out at the same time.
Taut, competitive multiplayer and a deep, complex single player with three different league modes (including large-scale randomly generated league) mean that you can experience your own brand of futuresporting glory!
“Another brilliant slice of strategy from Mode 7” (Eurogamer)
“I’ve been looking forward to this as much as almost any other game this year.” (Adam Smith, RockPaperShotgun)
- Free key for a friend with every purchase
- Four core single player modes: roguelike “Knockout” mode; Global Cortex League mode; Manager Mode; Randomly Generated Season Mode
- Experience the intrigues of the Global Cortex League with a compelling story that spans the various modes - play how you want and keep up with the narrative!
- 7 unique AI teams each with their own coach who responds dynamically to the play
- Manager Mode - vast season mode featuring salary cap, roster management, free agent bidding, a college league, injuries and much more...
- Multiplayer modes: Full Match and Duplicate; several variants of each; make your own custom mode!
- Online rankings and fast matchmaking
- Team Editor: name your players, customise their stats, armour, faces and more!
- Further customisation options including Pitch Editor
- Music from legendary indie game composer nervous_testpilot
Developer: Mode 7
Publisher: Mode 7
Genre: Strategy, Sport, Turn-based, 3D
Treatment: Not required
Release Date: 2015
Minimum System Requirements
RAM: 4 GB
OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (64-bit)
Video Card: Shader Model 3.0 & at least 1GB VRAM
Free Disk Space: 3 GB
Gameplay Trailer & Screenshots