Rogue Legacy is a genealogical rogue-"LITE" where anyone can be a hero.
Each time you die, your child will succeed you. Every child is unique. One child might be colorblind, another might have vertigo-- they could even be a dwarf.
That's OK, because no one is perfect, and you don't have to be perfect to win this game. But you do have to be pretty darn good because this game is HARD. Fortunately, every time you die all the gold you've collected can be used to upgrade you manor, giving your next child a step up in life and another chance at vanquishing evil.
But you shouldn't listen to me. You should check out the trailer. It explains the game better then I ever could.
If you really want to READ about this game though, then you should check out our bullet list below.
Here's what Rogue Legacy IS:
- A procedurally generated adventure. Explore new castles with every life.
- Rogue-lite. Your character dies, but with each passing your lineage grows and becomes stronger.
- Tons of unique traits that makes each playthrough special. Ever wanted to be dyslexic? Now you can!
- More than 8 classes to choose from (9)! Each class has unique abilities that change the way you play the game.
- Over 60 different enemies to test your skills against. Hope you like palette-swaps!
- Massive, expandable skill tree. Rack in the loot to upgrade your manor and give your successors a cutting edge.
- Oh yeah, there's a Blacksmith and an Enchantress shop but we forgot to show them in the trailer...
- Equip your heroes with powerful weaponry and armor. Or gain new abilities like flight, dash, and air jumping.
- Tons of secrets and easter eggs to uncover... or are there? Yes there are.
- Got a controller? Play with a controller. Big Picture ready.
Developer: Cellar Door Games
Publisher: Cellar Door Games
Genre: Platformer, RPG, Action
Language: EN / Multi8
Treatment: Not required
Release Date: 2013
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: 1.6 GHz
RAM: 1 GB
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7
Video Card: AMD X1950 Pro/Nvidia 7900 GT DirectX 9.0c-comaptible video card or better with 256 MB VRAM or more
Free Disk Space: 400 MB
Gameplay Trailer & Screenshots