Spelunky 2 builds upon the unique, randomized challenges that made the original a roguelike classic, offering a huge adventure designed to satisfy players old and new. Meet the next generation of explorers as they find themselves on the Moon, searching for treasure and missing family.
- A Bigger World with all new areas, monsters, traps, and items!
- An Extra Dimension is added by allowing players to access a second layer behind the normal playfield. The second layer might contain treasure rooms, hidden passages, and other special places.
- Multiple Routes Through the Game will add variety and give players more ways to personalize a run.
- Find and Ride Mounts (like turkeys!) that have special abilities. Enemies may ride mounts, as well!
- New NPCs that you can help, hurt, or ignore… to make each run feel even more like a unique story.
- Variations and Changes to Classic Spelunky Concepts like shops and ghosts that will make veteran players rethink their strategies.
- Improved Liquid Physics allow water and lava to move and pour realistically, which drastically affects the playfield (and looks cool)
- Deadly Poison and Curses can be inflicted on players and enemies alike.
- Build a Permanent Home at Base Camp as you do runs and explore the caves.
- Improved Lighting and Special Effects are paired with richer visual and audio design.
- Deeper Mysteries that may require a community effort to unravel.
- Possibly More Eggplants
Developer: Mossmouth, BlitWorks
Genre: Action, Platformer, Roguelike, Adventure
Language: EN / Multi7
Treatment: Not required
Release Date: 2020
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Quad Core 2.6 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 750
Free Disk Space: 600 MB