Dark Ages is a turn-based strategy game set in the violent world of an alternate Middle Ages. Vikings against war elephants, musketeers against the Mongol cavalry, ancient phalanx legions against crusaders; the deadliest armies in history clashing in bloody war.
An army without leadership is merely a mob. In Dark Ages, troops follow the lead of their commanders: unique leaders with their own virtues, vices, talents, and weaknesses.
Take the throne of a small kingdom being torn apart by feuds and threatened by militant neighbors, and try to survive the Dark Ages.
- Six factions with unique generals and squads: the nimble nomads of the Horde, the well-armored and disciplined Imperial soldiers, the mad Normanna clad in furs, the League’s guilds wielding gunpowder, the proud knights of the Order, and the exotic cults of the Mesopotamia.
- Over 50 types of squads based on real historical troops. No armored bikinis or spiked pauldrons here!
- By surviving battles, your squads gain experience and develop their skills. Fresh recruits have nothing on a seasoned veteran.
- Generals are the linchpin of a squad, and their skills and abilities can drastically change the outcome of a battle. Each general has a unique personality generated at the beginning of each game. Each has their own appearance, character traits, and abilities. It's impossible to predict who will appear the next go ‘round: a brave but simple knight, a talented but greedy tactical genius, or a bloodthirsty barbarian who instills fear in friend and foe alike.
- A pantheon of chosen generals: put your greatest leaders here to re-use them from campaign to campaign, or hire legendary figures feared and revered throughout history, such as Joan of Arc and Genghis Khan.
- The numerous scenarios offer a huge variety of different challenges: win a civil war, fight off nomads, deal with pirates raiding the coast, save a kingdom ravaged by plague, or crush a peasant uprising.
- Battle formations: effective positioning of your troops is half the battle. Tactical tricks, feints, and ambushes are at your disposal. Win your battles through quality, not quantity.
- Terrain and weather: even the perfect army may lose in unfavorable conditions. It’s generally a good idea to lure enemy cavalry into a bog, under your arrows – but remember that rain and fog make your archers useless.
- Upgrade your soldiers’ weapons and armor at the royal forge.
Genre: Strategy, Turn-Based
Language: EN / Multi
Treatment: Not required
Release Date: 2017
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10
RAM: 3 GB
Free Disk Space: 1500 MB
Gameplay Trailer & Screenshots