Scythe transports you to an alternate reality in 1920s Europa, one ravaged by the First World War. Take up the role of leader by assuming command of one of 5 factions, and set out to conquer the coveted "Factory". Lead your mechs to war and your people to victory!
In an alternate reality in 1920s Europa, it's been several years since the "Great War", but the ashes of the conflict are still hot and the war is entering a new phase. The first conflict saw the emergence of some incredible engines of war known as Mechs. Built by "The Factory", an independent city-state which has since become the object of everyone's desire, these technological monstrosities roam the snowy landscapes of Europa.
Be the hero of one of the five factions – Saxony Empire, Crimean Khanate, Rusviet Union, Polania Republic or Nordic Kingdom – and become the richest and most powerful nation in all of Europa during these dark times! To assure the victory of your people, you will need to explore and conquer new territories, enlist new recruits and deploy your forces by building formidable and terrifying combat Mechs. Replay history in a fictional past full of mechanical engines and technology, where each choice you make will be critical. Choose your battles with care, because in Scythe, victory is achieved with and for the people!
- Asymmetry: every player starts the game with different resources (energy, coins, keen combat sense, popularity…), a different starting location and a secret objective. The starting positions are specifically set to contribute to the uniqueness of every faction and the asymmetrical nature of the game.
- Strategy: Scythe offers players almost complete control over their fate. The only elements of chance apart from each player's individual secrete objective card are the Encounter cards, which players draw to interact with the citizens of newly explored lands. Combat is also handled by way of choice; no luck or chance is involved.
- Engine Building: Players can improve their construction abilities to become more efficient, build structures that improve their position on the map, enlist new recruits into their faction, activate mechs to dissuade opponents from invading and expand their borders to reap greater types and quantities of resources. This aspect creates a feeling of energy and progression over the course of the entire game. The order in which players get to develop their economy and technologies adds to the unique feel of every game, even when playing as the same faction several times.
- Official adaptation of the award-winning board game
- 4X strategy game (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit and eXterminate)
- Customize the mat to sharpen your strategy
- Choose a specialty for unique games: Agriculturalist, Industrialist, Engineer, Patriot or Mechanic.
- Fight against two levels of AI and/or your friends in hotseat.
- Check out artistic genius Jakub Rozalski's retro-futuristic illustrations!
Developer: The Knights of Unity Publisher: Asmodee Digital Genre: Strategy Language: EN / Multi10 Treatment: Not required Release Date: 2018
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Dual Core 3.0 GHz RAM: 4 GB OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 Video Card: DirectX 11 class GPU with 1024MB VRAM Free Disk Space: 2 GB