State of Mind is a futuristic thriller game delving into transhumanism. The game explores themes of separation, disjuncture and reunification, in a world that is torn between a dystopian material reality and a utopian virtual future.
Berlin, 2048 – The world is on the brink. Lack of resources, illnesses caused by polluted air and water, crime on the rise, war. Governments and companies promise remedies through technological progress. Drones and humanoid robots replace humans in the public sector, everything is interconnected, surveillance has become omnipresent.
Richard Nolan is one of the few journalists openly criticizing this development. When he wakes up in hospital after an explosion and finds that his wife and son have mysteriously vanished, Richard realizes: he and his family have become more than just bystanders in a storm of rivaling ideas pertaining humankind’s salvation between dystopian reality and digital utopia. Instead, they find themselves right at the center of it.
This domestic drama evolves into a thriller about a worldwide conspiracy, which at its core aims to determine the fate of humanity: Could a perfect digital utopia be the answer? A virtual paradise not affected by material needs and quarrels? Could a super-AI be our savior – or would it simply declare us as dispensable since it could not be taught the value of philanthropy?
What will the world look like after this storm, what will remain of humanity?
- Experience an alarmingly realistic vision of the near future
- Dive into a multi-layered Sci-Fi thriller, where dystopian reality and digital utopia are intertwined
- Unravel a global conspiracy in a society of ubiquitous digitalism, surveillance and transhumanism
- Explore a world with a rich and unique visual style, combining realistic environments with low-poly characters
- Take on the role of journalist Richard Nolan, as well as five additional playable characters
- Use dexterity, deductional skill and research to reconstruct Richard's past
Developer: Daedalic Entertainment
Publisher: Daedalic Entertainment
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Language: EN / Multi12
Treatment: Not required
Release Date: 2018
Minimum System Requirements
CPU: 2.8 Ghz Dual Core CPU
RAM: 4 GB
OS: Windows 7, 8, 10 (32 bit)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 560 / AMD Radeon 7770 or similar, at least 2 GB of VRAM
Free Disk Space: 23 GB
Recommended System Requirements
CPU: 3 Ghz Quad Core CPU
RAM: 8 GB
OS: Windows 7, 8, 10 (64 bit)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / AMD Radeon R7 370 or similar, at least 4 GB of VRAM
Free Disk Space: 23 GB
Gameplay Trailer & Screenshots